Tuesday, March 12, 2013

And Now For Something Completely Different

Low volume scraps, precise cutting, and following a pattern.  It's good to change things up sometimes.  I pulled some light prints from my 2 1/2" strips bin to make a project from Fresh Quilting by Malka Dubrawsky that I earmarked "long ago" as my boys would say.  This project may have started the current low volume trend, or maybe she was ahead of her time.  Either way, there is something very restful about working with these fabrics.
The project pairs solids with low volume prints to create a simple zigzag, but the slight variations in values of the fabrics give it a subtle interest I love.
I'm doing some straight line quilting, and then I'll need to buy a bunch of filler for a home made pillow form.  My strips are bigger than those in the pattern, so this is going to be giant.

8 comments:

alidiza said...

This is fabulous and I love the straight line quilting!!!

Kristie said...

Very pretty and soothing!

Svetlana said...

beautiful!!! Love all these low volume fabrics together.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

love this Alex! I am a big fan of low volume

Annabella said...

Just love it!

Unknown said...

Great work! I must try to sew a low valume some day!

Leanne said...

Beautiful! I want to make one now too.

Unknown said...

I love this. The softness and simplicity are beautiful and they give a great feeling.