Friday, February 24, 2017

Scrappy Triangles Quilt

My first finished quilt of 2017 is this Scrappy Triangles Quilt. I took my time on this one and probably enjoyed the fabric layout the most of all the steps in the process. I limited myself to triangles I had cut from my scrap bins. Creating color gradations and a pleasing overall look was quite a challenge under that limitation. 
At the same time I always love using scraps. Revisiting favorite fabrics and seeing them play with new and unexpected friends in a layout like this is energizing and enjoyable. I definitely recommend making scrap quilts. Very therapeutic.
I quilted this with a variation on a paisley but with a rounded shape rather than teardrop. I like the bubble effect it gives and the softeness of the circles against the sharp edges of the triangles.
The backing was a gift from a friend, and I like how the circles echo the quilting design. The binding is a mix from my scrap binding bin, including a piece I trimmed from the backing after basting. Use it all.
.
The quilt finished at 47 x 58, a generous baby size, and I think it will be a gift for a baby coming soon to a treasured teacher and grandmother.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this! I want you to come over and play in my stash.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

It's very, very pretty!

kelly lautenbach said...

This is a delicious mix of fabric. I love the simple and yet complex look of it.

=0)jessica said...

Perfect! I love scrappy quilts, they're my favorite!

quiltmusings said...

I love color gradations and love what you have done with your scraps! I am now thinking I should choose a shape and cut one or two from each fabric in the scrap pile so that I can try something like you have done eventually.

Alycia Quiltygirl.com said...

I like it! The triangles make it so unique!

Sharon said...

Such pretty eye candy. I love your color choices.

Vicki said...

Very pretty, that quilting is wonderful!

Nicole Hannah said...

Lovely quilt! I like the colour progression throughout.

Customieze said...

beautiful!

Walkers Road Quilts said...

Such a pretty quilt. You can't beat a scrap quilt!

Mrs.Juliet Quin said...

My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}